Sunday, January 29, 2012

Not a typical day at the ranch

It often takes a predicament to provide the impetus to get a good ranch trip to happen.

Harry emailed Justin and I to request some help with a downed tree.  The three of us got to the ranch in the mid afternoon to cut the tree into manageable pieces.

While we worked, Julie took the kids to ride horses and play at the playground.

With lots of help from the kids, Julie got Josie on a horse for a 15 minute ride.  Most all the kids got a turn.  Logan was a bit disappointed, though, he didn't get enough horse time.  When asked what he did at the ranch, he said, "I wanted to ride a horse and then I didn't.  And then I wanted to ride the horse again and I didn't"

Griffin fared much better. "I had the best time I've had at the ranch since Abba passed away. I built a fire, rode a horse, and drove the truck.  Then we ate peaches, and that was it."  The fire was pretty impressive.  Even Logan enjoyed warming his hands by the fire.

It still gets dark kind of early, especially in the shadow of the hills.  So we wrapped up. There was a little bit of clean up (including some clothes dye that was mishandled ... oops!).  Then we got in the cars and left, everybody hoping to return again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment