Monday, October 17, 2011

Ranch Map

Yeah, I kinda drove Kallan crazy with mapping the ranch on Saturday.  Spending a couple hours mapping with Kallan, Griffin and Josie along for the ride made me realize that this is going to take a long time and a lot of work.

But I think it will come in handy to have a map of the ranch.  If/when something breaks we'll know where it is and we'll be able to fix it.

Here's what I've got so far http://g.co/maps/q5p7h.  The track from our adventure is in red.

I'd like your help.  
  • Let me know if there's anything in particular you want me to map.  
  • I need names of things (roads, landmarks, gates, etc.).
The need for names became very apparent as I was dictating to my smartphone.  It attempts to transcribe what I say to it.  I told it, "Gate" and it wrote, "Geico."  I'd be amenable to naming it the Geico Gate if we can get corporate sponsorship, but till then, I think we need to come up with something better.

1 comment: