Sunday, October 16, 2011

Our Ranch Adventure

By Kallan Ritzman

            We had an adventure yesterday. Our original plan was to look for an old barn Abba had showed to us on night walks. The barn happened to not be on our property and also there were bushes blocking the way. I wanted to cut them. Nobody supported me, supplied me with saws and we had Josie. No offence to her but she would not be able to get through anyway. I was sad.

              Next, we went the goat house. My Dad added to google maps for the ranch around the house. Meanwhile, Griffin and I thought that since we can't go to the barn let's go and explore where the goats used to be because we hadn't been there EVER! It so happens that we came to a stop. We couldn't do it. Another idea blocked.


               Then, we started to walk on the road to Aunt Josie's apple tree. As we were walking my Dad marked the water tank gate and the water tank on google maps again. Then we walked on. Finally we get to the gate and it's locked. No matter how we try we can't get through.  My dad forgot the keys.
This is the water tank


              None of our ideas were working out!  It was terrible.  My Dad marked everything for google maps. It took forever.  Griffin kept yelling, "We're all going to die!" I was annoyed but I knew we weren't going to die.  My dad said let's go to the Pokemon Center - that big flat spot next to the road.  So we did.  But we still didn't have keys.  Griffin and I could squeeze through.  My dad and Josie couldn't.  But it was too late.  Griffin had to go home.  My Dad gave us a picnic to eat.  Then he took Josie back to get the car.


              The picnic was really good.  We packed a can of peaches.  We used to eat peaches with Abba.  Peaches are traditional at the ranch for snack.  



Here's Griffin and me
              Nothing went like we planned on our trip.  But at the picnic we had fun anyway.  I want to go back to the ranch soon.  This time I'm going to find that old barn.

2 comments:

  1. Kallan, I love your post. Excellent writing. Abba would be happy to see the peach tradition carried on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pleased to meet you, Karen! Having a well built fence is important for it serves as a barrier for domestic animals from leaving their territory. It also serve as a mark that it is the side of your own property. By the way, beware of plants that unknown to you. You actually made the right decision for taking pictures of those plants, and have them consulted if their poisonous or not. Oh, and these are what I love about ranches: livestock and crops.
    Darren Lanphere

    ReplyDelete